Monday, March 21, 2011

Wrap up

I apologize for not writing for a few days..I've had people asking what happened.  I stopped texting because we started the journey home on Friday, India time, which was Thursday our time.  I just planned on updating again when we got home.  Didn't really think about that being 3 more days!  Our travel time was crazy.  Fifteen hours in the air is a long time!  We have both said that if we could have flown straight into Patna, Bihar, it would have been a different trip.  Our time there was amazing.  The time in Delhi was tough.  We could feel the spiritual darkness there.  That was difficult, especially coming from such a spiritual high in Patna.  And the time we spent in Delhi on Friday and Saturday was just to kill time until our flight Saturday at nearly midnight.  Not exactly what I was wanting to do after a week without my kids.  I just wanted to get home and see them and share all of our experiences.  But it did give us a chance to see and feel the total absence of God's light.  I did not enjoy it at all. But it really made us aware of how God has used Biju Thomas and the church planters to bring light into a completely dark place in Patna.  It was amazing to see the people there who had no hope, now have the hope found in Christ.  On the plane home I was listening to one of my favorite songs, Our God, by Chris Tomlin.  It had more meaning to me than it ever had...it says, "out of the darkness You shine, out of the ashes we rise, there's no one like You, none like You".  I really get darkness now.  And I really get what it looks like when the light of Christ shines into that darkness and rises God's people out of the ashes.  It is powerful. 

The day we left, Biju took us to see the land that they have purchased.  They are renting from Hindus right now and they could be kicked out or have the rent increased without warning anytime.  The hope is to consolidate all ministries into one building that they own.  It was neat to see that and pray over that land.  Right before we left Patna we had a really precious time with the staff and pastors/church planters at Transformation India Movement.  It brought tears to our eyes to hear them pray over us and as we prayed over them.  They sang Great is Thy Faithfulness and Shine, Jesus Shine in English.  We have been praying for all of them for months, but to know them personally now will making praying for them so much more special.  The church planters are the ones on the front lines...the ones who go into these villages for the first time with the Gospel and often face persecution.  As we were leaving they all walked us out and waved goodbye.  It was tough to leave, but we were excited to get home. 

In closing, I would ask you to pray for the people of Bihar, too.  I would ask you to ask God to show you if He wants you to help them in some way.  I have included the link in the blog, but here are ways that you can help: adopt a well, adopt a village, adopt a child, sponsor a church planter, pray specifically.  There is also the option to help pay for the new building.  If you are interested at all, this is an amazing organization that is reaching the unreached.  We would appreciate any help that you could give to them!  Finally, thank you all for your prayers!  I have never felt so covered in prayer.  Jayson and I felt a supernatural strength and peace the entire time that we were there.  We know that was because of you...the body of Christ lifting us up.  Ok...I'm not a blogger so this is probably it, unless I think of something that I forgot!!  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading about your trip and the pics. Thank you so much for sharing.
    laurie

    ReplyDelete