Today was incredible. I haven't been sleeping well so I was exhausted starting out the day. It's incredible how I have had to lean completely on God for strength, and He has repeatedly sustained me and given so much peace. We started the day out with a bang. We went first to see the Ganges River. It was filthy and made us physically sick to smell it. We went to the place where the Hindus cremate their dead. We walked in to look and ashes started blowing all around. I got them all in my hair and on my arms. Nice.
Then we went to visit a literacy center (which usually consists of a tarp with about 40 kids sitting to learn Bible, English, and other studies). We gave out silly bands and cards my kids and nieces and nephews made. I spoke to the children using cards Hollins & Pate that had a map of USA and map of Bihar and John 3:16. I told them that many people on the other side of the world love them and are praying that they will know Jesus. Next we went to a sewing school. The people here are so gracious and hospitable. They want to feed us everywhere. They put scarfs or garland ( a lei of marigolds) around our necks. The women are so loving and want to hold your hand. The Christians say "jamasee" (terrible spelling I am sure) as a way to identify with other believes. Hindi for "Christ is Victorious". A greeting shared with fellow Christians (precious especially because there are only .05% of them here).
Next we went to 2 villages our family adopted. At the first we had an incredible experience that even surprised the church planters & Biju. It was a fairly new village for the church planters. After we spoke, Biju spoke and they responded...we watched over 20 people come to Christ. It was unbelievable...to be able to personally experience the whole thing come full circle. Can't even describe it. It was a long day, but so worth it!
We start the long journey home tomorrow. Please pray for safe travel, strength, and good health. Thank you all for your prayers. We have felt completely covered! God is working here in a mighty way and it is amazing to be a small part of it!
What an incredible day! I can't wait to hear about it in person.
ReplyDeleteTraveling mercies!