Sunday, March 6, 2011

Countdown...We leave one week from today!

We will be on our 15 hour flight to Delhi next Sunday night at this time!  I am so ready to get there.  I had several friends ask me today if I was nervous or scared.  The answer is YES...but I feel like I have gone through every possible emotion leading up to this trip and now I am just ready to go.  It is so humbling to know that God called us to this specific place to accomplish His purpose.  Jayson rarely gets rattled about anything, but I am overly analytical and often fear the unknown.  God has really been teaching me to trust Him as we plan for this trip into the "unknown".  I was really blessed during BSF as we studied this verse from Isaiah 42:16:  "And I will lead the blind in a way they do not know and I will guide them.  I will turn the darkness before them into light and the rough places into level ground...I will not forsake them."  We are walking a path that we do not know, but trust that God is going to turn the darkness before us into light and smooth the rough places on our path.

We have just a few things left to pack (and it looks like it's actually going to fit) and lots of things to still get in order before leaving the kids.  We have been so blessed by the kindness of our friends.  Thank you so much to those of you bringing dinners each night.  My parents were so excited to hear that they did not have to worry about dinner.  And, after telling the kids today that several of you are planning to really spoil them with "non-organic", yummy food and deserts that they are never allowed to have, they are beyond excited!!  That really is a huge blessing!  I am sure that it will be a fun distraction for the kids to see your sweet faces each night as you bring dinner, too.  And the prayer chain is amazing.  You have no idea how much it means to us to know who will be covering our whole family in prayer while we are gone.  We are so humbled by your generosity! 

I am hoping to post some interesting facts about Bihar this week.  If I don't get around to it, I guess we will be typing from India the next time you hear from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment